Monday, March 11, 2013

Shakespeare is Everywhere

On Friday, I felt Wills winking at me.

First I read an article shared by a facebook "friend" from El Universal, comparing Maduro to Mark Antony and Chavez to Cesar. Besides the LOL factor, I find it extraordinary that JC is still relevant to illustrate political maneuvering, transfers of power, treason and revenge. Like Bloom would say, arching his eyebrows: that is the richness of Shalespeare!

Later that evening I had the extraordinary luck of going to "hear" (as folk in the late 15 hundreds would say) a staging of Hery V at the Folger's hystorical Theater. Adriana bought the tickets for my birthday and the two of us were going to go, but she had to stay in Pittsburgh, so I went with Jesus. I ended up seeing more than I heard, but I enjoyed it sooo much!

What surprised me the most was the laughs! Some people must have known the play very well or were great listeners. Nobody laughs at my house when I'm reading the plays. It adds a delightful layer of togetherness with the audience,

No comments:

Post a Comment