Thursday, January 3, 2013

Othello, Day 3

Falling Behind on my Reading

It is almost midnight and I will probably not read another line of Othello tonight, as I am preparing for a motions hearing tomorrow morning. This afternoon I did read a couple of pages while I was waiting in court for my case to be called. It is the first time I take Shakespeare to court and I felt a tinge of excitement: Yes, your Honor, guilty of reading non-legal materials in court! Well. I did not have to "cop a plea," but I left the court wondering why the Venetians were so far away from Venice, fighting the Turks either in Cyprus or Rhodes. I guess it was the route to the silk road, in the google maps of the renaissance: directions from Venice to China, sail south then make a left, refuel in Rhodes, hop to Cyprus and when you get to the mainland, continue east; destination will be to your left.

No comments:

Post a Comment